noun (used with a singular verb)
- the study or the application of the influence of political and economic geography on the politics, national power, foreign policy, etc., of a state.
- the combination of geographic and political factors influencing or delineating a country or region.
- a national policy based on the interrelation of politics and geography.
- a Nazi doctrine that a combination of political, geographic, historical, racial, and economic factors substantiated Germany’s right to expand its borders and control various strategic land masses and natural resources.
- (functioning as singular) the study of the effect of geographical factors on politics, esp international politics; political geography
- (functioning as plural) the combination of geographical and political factors affecting a country or area
- (functioning as plural) politics as they affect the whole world; global politics