- James,1682–1754, Scottish architect and author.
- Josiah Willard,1839–1903, U.S. physicist.
- Oliver Wol·cott [woo l-kuh t] /ˈwʊl kət/, 1822–1908, U.S. chemist and educator.
- Sir Philip,1877–1962, English journalist and writer.
- James. 1682–1754, British architect; his buildings include St Martin’s-in-the-Fields, London (1722–26), and the Radcliffe Camera, Oxford (1737–49)
- Josiah Willard. 1839–1903, US physicist and mathematician: founder of chemical thermodynamics
- American physicist known especially for his investigations of thermodynamics. He developed methods for analyzing the thermodynamic properties of substances, and his findings established the basic theory for physical chemistry.