- a rotating and radiating firework.
- an ornate bracket for candelabra or the like, sometimes with a reflecting mirror at the back of the shelf.
- a brooch or earring consisting of a central ornament with usually three smaller ornaments hanging from it.
- an ornamental branched wall candleholder, usually incorporating a mirror
- an earring or pendant having a central gem surrounded by smaller ones
- a kind of revolving firework
- artillery a group of connected mines
1630s, a type of fireworks; 1825 as a type of earring or pendant, from French girandole, from Italian girandola, diminutive of giranda “a revolving jet,” from Latin gyrandus, gerundive of gyrare “to turn round in a circle, revolve” (see gyration).