- George,1712–70, British statesman: prime minister 1763–65.
- Also Sir Richard,1541?–91, . English naval commander.
- William Wyndham, Baron,1759–1834, British statesman: prime minister 1806–07 (son of George Grenville).
- George. 1712–70, British statesman; prime minister (1763–65). His policy of taxing the American colonies precipitated the War of Independence
- Kate. born 1950. Australian writer. Her novels include Lilian’s Story (1985), The Idea of Perfection (2002) and The Secret River (2005)
- Sir Richard. ?1541–91, English naval commander. He was fatally wounded aboard his ship, the Revenge, during a lone battle with a fleet of Spanish treasure ships
- William Wyndham, Baron Grenville, son of George Grenville. 1759–1834, British statesman; prime minister (1806–07) of the coalition government known as the “ministry of all the talents”