- a mixture of two things, especially in equal or nearly equal proportions.
- milk and light cream combined in equal parts, especially for table use.
- Chiefly British. a mixture of two malt liquors, especially porter and ale.
- half one thing and half another.
- in two equal parts.
- a mixture of half one thing and half another thing
- a drink consisting of equal parts of beer and stout, or equal parts of bitter and mild
- of half one thing and half another thing
- in two equal parts
1756 as “ale and porter;” as a mixture of milk and cream, by 1946.