- a chemical compound in which one of the elements is a halogen.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of a halide.
- a binary compound containing a halogen atom or ion in combination with a more electropositive element
- any organic compound containing halogen atoms in its molecules
- A chemical compound of a halogen with a more electropositive element or group.
- A chemical compound consisting of a halogen and another element, especially a strongly electropositive metal such as sodium or potassium. Salt is a halide.