- held in the hand or hands: a handheld torch.
- small enough to be used or operated while being held in the hand or hands: a handheld hair drier.
- something small enough to be used or operated while held in the hand or hands: She traded in her bulky old movie camera for a handheld.
- held in position by the hand
- (of a film camera) held rather than mounted, as in close-up action shots
- (of an electronic device) able to be held in the hand and not requiring connection to a fixed power source
- a computer that can be held in the hand