- a member of the royal family that ruled Great Britain under that name from 1714 to 1901.
- a former province in NW Germany; now a district in Lower Saxony. 14,944 sq. mi. (38,705 sq. km).
- a city in and the capital of Lower Saxony, in N central Germany.
- a city in S Pennsylvania.
- a town in SE Massachusetts.
- a city in N Germany, capital of Lower Saxony: capital of the kingdom of Hannover (1815–66); situated on the Mittelland canal. Pop: 516 160 (2003 est)English spelling: Hanover
- the English spelling of Hannover
- a princely house of Germany (1692–1815), the head of which succeeded to the British throne as George I in 1714
- the royal house of Britain (1714–1901)