- (of two objects) meeting with the fronts or heads foremost: a head-on collision.
- facing the direction of forward motion or alignment; frontal.
- characterized by direct opposition: a head-on confrontation.
- with the front or head foremost, especially in a collision: She stepped out of the front door and walked head-on into her husband.
- with the front or fronts foremosta head-on collision
- with directness or without compromisein his usual head-on fashion
With the face or front first, as in The two bicycles collided head on. [Early 1800s]
In direct conflict, in open opposition, as in They decided to meet the opposition head on.