- ancient Greek culture or ideals.
- the imitation or adoption of ancient Greek language, thought, customs, art, etc.: the Hellenism of Alexandrian Jews.
- the characteristics of Greek culture, especially after the time of Alexander the Great; civilization of the Hellenistic period.
- the principles, ideals, and pursuits associated with classical Greek civilization
- the spirit or national character of the Greeks
- conformity to, imitation of, or devotion to the culture of ancient Greece
- the cosmopolitan civilization of the Hellenistic world