- Biology. of different origin; pertaining to heterology.
- Medicine/Medical, Pathology. consisting of dissimilar tissue, as that of another species or that of a tumor.
- Immunology. pertaining to an antigen that elicits a reaction in a nonspecific antibody.
- pathol of, relating to, or designating cells or tissues not normally present in a particular part of the body
- (esp of parts of an organism or of different organisms) differing in structure or origin
- Of or relating to cytologic or histological elements not normally occurring in a designated part of the body.
- Derived from a different species, as a graft or transplant.
- Immunologically related but not identical. Used of certain cells and antiserums.
- Derived or transplanted from a different species or source.