- greatly interested or preoccupied, almost to an irrational extent; obsessed (usually followed by on): He’s hipped on learning to play the tuba.
- having a hip or hips
- (in combination)broad-hipped; low-hipped
- (esp of cows, sheep, reindeer, elk, etc) having an injury to the hip, such as a dislocation of the bones
- architect having a hip or hipsSee also
- (often postpositive foll by on) US and Canadian old-fashioned, slang very enthusiastic (about)
“having hips,” c.1500, past participle adjective; see(n.1)). In architecture from 1823.