[ad_1] noun, plural his·to·ri·og·ra·phies.
- the body of literature dealing with historical matters; histories collectively.
- the body of techniques, theories, and principles of historical research and presentation; methods of historical scholarship.
- the narrative presentation of history based on a critical examination, evaluation, and selection of material from primary and secondary sources and subject to scholarly criteria.
- an official history: medieval historiographies.
- the writing of history
- the study of the development of historical method, historical research, and writing
- any body of historical literature
1560s; see from Historiographer.+ . Related: