[ad_1] adjective Also his·tri·on·i·cal.
- of or relating to actors or acting.
- deliberately affected or self-consciously emotional; overly dramatic, in behavior or speech.
- an actor.
- excessively dramatic, insincere, or artificialhistrionic gestures
- rare dramatic
- (plural) melodramatic displays of temperament
- rare (plural, functioning as singular) dramatics
“theatrical” (figuratively, “hypocritical”), 1640s, from Latin histrionicus “pertaining to an actor,” from histrio (genitive histrionis) “actor,” said to be of Etruscan origin. The literal sense in English is from 1759.