homeschool or home-school [hohm-skool] Examples verb (used with object)
- to teach (one’s children) at home instead of sending them to school.
verb (used without object)
- to educate one’s children at home.
- a school set up in the home.
Related formshome·school·er, noun Examples from the Web for home-school Historical Examples of home-school
Such a home-school the association plants in the midst of these utterly necessitous children.
British Dictionary definitions for home-school home-school verb
- to teach one’s child at home instead of sending him or her to school
- being educated at home rather than in schoolhome-school kids
- relating to the education of children in their own homes instead of in schoolhome-school parents
Word Origin and History for home-school homeschool v.