- located nearer the longitudinal axis or center, as of an airplane: the inboard section of a wing.
- located inside a hull or aircraft: a motorboat with an inboard engine.
- (of a motorboat) having the motor inboard.
- inside or toward the longitudinal axis or center of a hull, aircraft, machine, etc.Compare outboard(def 4).
- an inboard motor.
- a boat equipped with an inboard motor.
- (esp of a boat’s motor or engine) situated within the hullCompare outboard (def. 1)
- situated between the wing tip of an aircraft and its fuselagean inboard engine
- towards the centre line of or within a vessel, aircraft, etc