- involving incest.
- guilty of incest.
- being so close or intimate as to prevent proper functioning: an incestuous relationship between organized crime and government.
- relating to or involving incestan incestuous union
- guilty of incest
- obsolete resulting from incestan incestuous bastard
- resembling incest in excessive or claustrophobic intimacy
1530s, from Latin incestuosus “incestuous,” from incestus “unchaste” (see incest). Figurative use is from 1744. Related: Incestuously; incestuousness.
- Of, involving, or suggestive of incest.
- Having committed incest.