- not determinate; not precisely fixed in extent; indefinite; uncertain.
- not clear; vague.
- not established.
- not settled or decided.
- (of a quantity) undefined, as 0/0.
- (of an equation) able to be satisfied by more than one value for each unknown.
- Botany. (of an inflorescence) having the axis or axes not ending in a flower or bud, thus allowing further elongation.
- Mathematics. something whose value is not specified: used especially in abstract algebra; a variable.
- uncertain in extent, amount, or nature
- not definite; inconclusivean indeterminate reply
- unable to be predicted, calculated, or deduced
- physics (of an effect) not obeying the law of causality; noncausal
- having no numerical meaning, as 0.00 or 0/0
- (of an equation) having more than one variable and an unlimited number of solutions
- botany another word for indefinite (def. 4)
- (of a structure, framework, etc) comprising forces that cannot be fully analysed, esp by vector analysis
- Continuing to grow at the apical meristem or the terminal bud indefinitely, allowing for the development of an ever-increasing number of plant organs such as leaves, stems, or flowers to the side.