- the state of being infatuated.
- the act of infatuating.
- foolish or all-absorbing passion or an instance of this: a mere infatuation that will not last.
- the object of a person’s infatuation: When I was a kid, my infatuation was stamp collecting.
- the act of infatuating or state of being infatuated
- foolish or extravagant passion
- an object of foolish or extravagant passion
1640s, noun of action from infatuate, or else from French infatuation or directly from Late Latin infatuationem (nominative infatuatio), from past participle stem of infatuare.