- communicable by infection, as from one person to another or from one part of the body to another: infectious diseases.
- causing or communicating infection.
- tending to spread from one to another: infectious laughter.
- Law. capable of contaminating with illegality; exposing to seizure or forfeiture.
- Obsolete. diseased.
- (of a disease) capable of being transmittedCompare contagious
- (of a disease) caused by microorganisms, such as bacteria, viruses, or protozoa
- causing or transmitting infection
- tending or apt to spread, as from one person to anotherinfectious mirth
- international law
- tainting or capable of tainting with illegality
- rendering liable to seizure or forfeiture
- Capable of causing infection.
- Caused by or capable of being transmitted by infection.
- Caused by a pathogenic microorganism or agent.
- Capable of causing infection. See Note at contagious.