- adapted to feeding on insects.
- Botany. having specialized leaves or leaf parts capable of trapping and digesting insects, as the Venus’s-flytrap, the pitcher plants, and the sundews.
- feeding on or adapted for feeding on insectsinsectivorous plants
- of or relating to the order Insectivora
- An animal or plant that feeds mainly on insects.
- Any of various small, usually nocturnal mammals of the order Insectivora that feed on insects and other invertebrates. Insectivores have long snouts and resemble rodents, but lack gnawing incisors. Moles, shrews, hedgehogs, and tenrecs are insectivores.