- something inserted; insert.
- a small picture, map, etc., inserted within the border of a larger one.
- the act of setting in.
- a piece of cloth or other material set into a garment, usually as an ornamental panel.
verb (used with object), in·set, in·set·ting.
- to set in or insert, as an inset: to inset a panel in a dress.
- to insert an inset in: to inset a mounting with jewels.
verb (ɪnˈsɛt) -sets, -setting or -set
- (tr) to set or place in or within; insert
- something inserted
- a small map or diagram set within the borders of a larger one
- another name for insert (def. 4)
- a piece of fabric inserted into a garment, as to shape it or for decoration
- a flowing in, as of the tide