- of, relating to, or established by .
- of or relating to organized establishments, foundations, societies, or the like, or to the buildings devoted to their work.
- of the nature of an .
- characterized by the blandness, drabness, uniformity, and lack of individualized attention attributed to large institutional food. that serve many people:
- (of advertising) having as the primary object the establishment of goodwill and a favorable reputation rather than the immediate sale of the product.
- pertaining to or principles, especially of jurisprudence.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of institutions
- dull, routine, and uniforminstitutional meals
- relating to principles or institutes, esp of law
1610s, from+ (1).