verb (used with object), in·suf·flat·ed, in·suf·flat·ing.
- to blow or breathe (something) in.
- Medicine/Medical. to blow (air or a medicinal substance) into some opening or upon some part of the body.
- Ecclesiastical. to breathe upon, especially upon one being baptized or upon the water of baptism.
- (tr) to breathe or blow (something) into (a room, area, etc)
- med to blow (air, medicated powder, etc) into the lungs or into a body cavity
- (tr) to breathe or blow upon (someone or something) as a ritual or sacramental act, esp so as to symbolize the influence of the Holy Spirit
- To blow into, especially to fill the lungs of an asphyxiated person with air, or to blow a medicated vapor, powder, or anesthetic into the lungs, or into any cavity or orifice of the body.
- To treat by blowing a medicated powder, gas, or vapor into a bodily cavity.