- jodhpurs, (used with a plural verb) riding breeches cut very full over the hips and tapering at the knees to become tightfitting from the knees to the ankles.
- Also called jodhpur shoe, jodhpur boot. an ankle-high shoe for wearing with such breeches, having a strap that encircles the ankle and buckles on the side.Compare chukka boot.
- Also called Marwar. a former state in NW India, now in Rajasthan.
- a city in central Rajasthan, in NW India.
- riding breeches, loose-fitting around the hips and tight-fitting from the thighs to the ankles
- Also called: jodhpur boots ankle-length leather riding boots
- a former state of NW India, one of the W Rajputana states: now part of Rajasthan
- a walled city in NW India, in W Rajasthan: university (1962). Pop: 846 408 (2001)
1913 (earlier as jodhpur breeches, 1899), from Jodhpur, former state in northwestern India. The city at the heart of the state was founded 1459 by Rao Jodha, a local ruler, and is named for him.