- pertaining to judgment in courts of justice or to the administration of justice: judicial proceedings; the judicial system.
- pertaining to courts of law or to judges; judiciary: judicial functions.
- of or relating to a judge; proper to the character of a judge; judgelike: judicial gravity.
- inclined to make or give judgments; critical; discriminating: a judicial mind.
- decreed, sanctioned, or enforced by a court: a judicial decision.
- giving or seeking judgment, as in a dispute or contest; determinative: a judicial duel over lands.
- inflicted by God as a judgment or punishment.
- of or relating to the administration of justice
- of or relating to judgment in a court of law or to a judge exercising this function
- inclined to pass judgment; discriminating
- allowed or enforced by a court of lawa decree of judicial separation
- having qualities appropriate to a judge
- giving or seeking judgment, esp determining or seeking determination of a contested issue
late 14c., from Latin iudicalis “of or belonging to a court of justice,” from iudicium “judgment, decision,” from iudicem (see judge (v.)). Related: Judicially.