- a native or inhabitant of the former country of Yugoslavia.
- a southern Slav; a member of the southern group of Slavic peoples.Compare Slav.
- of or relating to the Yugoslavs.
- (formerly) a native, inhabitant, or citizen of Yugoslavia (sense 1 or 2)
- (not in technical use) another name for Serbo-Croat (def. 1)
- (formerly) of, relating to, or characteristic of Yugoslavia (sense 1 or 2) or its people
1853, from Slav + Serbo-Croatian jugo- “south,” comb. form of jug “south, south wind, noon,” from Old Church Slavonic jugu.