- Julian (Alexander),born 1933, English guitarist and lutenist.
noun plural bream or brim
- any of several Eurasian freshwater cyprinid fishes of the genus Abramis, esp A. brama, having a deep compressed body covered with silvery scales
- white bream or silver bream a similar cyprinid, Blicca bjoerkna
- short for sea bream
- Australian any of various marine fishes
- nautical (formerly) to clean debris from (the bottom of a vessel) by heating to soften the pitch
- Julian (Alexander). born 1933, English guitarist and lutenist
freshwater fish, late 14c., from Old French braisme “bream,” from Frankish *brahsima, from West Germanic *brahsm- (cf. Old High German brahsima), perhaps from Proto-Germanic base *brehwan “to shine, glitter, sparkle,” from PIE *bherek- (see braid (v.)).