- British Dialect.
- a strong, brave warrior.
- an athlete, especially a champion.
- a professional fighter.
- an impetuous or roguish young man.
- Scot. and North England. a contest, as between two athletes or two groups of workers, especially a reaping contest between farmworkers.
verb (used without object)
- Scot. and North England. to contest, fight, or strive, especially to strive in a reaping contest.
- a short, coarse, brittle fiber, used chiefly in the manufacture of carpets.
- Jack F.,1935–2009, U.S. politician: congressman 1970–89.
- a male given name.
- a coarse hair or strand of hair, esp one in a fleece that resists dyeing