noun, verb (used with object) British.
- the material forming a curb, as along a street.
- curbstones collectively.
- a curb or a section of a curb.
- material used for a kerb
- a less common word for kerb (def. 1)
- the US spelling of kerbing
- a line of stone or concrete forming an edge between a pavement and a roadway, so that the pavement is some 15 cm above the level of the road
- (tr) to provide with or enclose with a kerb
1660s, a variant of curb (q.v.). The preferred British English spelling in certain specialized senses, especially “edging of stone on a pavement” (1805).