- a monosaccharide that contains a ketone group.
- the accumulation of excessive ketones in the body, as in diabetic acidosis.
- any monosaccharide that contains a ketone group
- pathol a high concentration of ketone bodies in the bloodAlso called: acetonaemia
- Any of various carbohydrates containing a ketone group.
n. pl. ke•to•ses (-sēz)
- A pathological increase in the production of ketone bodies, as in uncontrolled diabetes mellitus.
- Any of a class of simple sugars (monosaccharides) containing a ketone group. Fructose is a ketose. Compare aldose.