adjective, noun, plural lac·ri·ma·to·ries.
- of, relating to, or causing the shedding of tears.
noun, plural lach·ry·ma·to·ries.
- Also called lachrymal. a small, narrow-necked vase found in ancient Roman tombs, formerly thought to have been used to catch and keep the tears of bereaved friends.
- of, causing, or producing tears
noun plural -ries
- a small vessel found in ancient tombs, formerly thought to hold the tears of mourners
- a variant spelling of lacrimatory
- Causing the secretion of tears.
- Variant oflacrimatory