- pertaining to, consisting of, or resembling milk; milky.
- Anatomy. conveying or containing chyle.
- Anatomy. any of the minute lymphatic vessels that convey chyle from the small intestine to the thoracic duct.
- of, relating to, or resembling milk
- (of lymphatic vessels) conveying or containing chyle
- any of the lymphatic vessels conveying chyle from the small intestine to the thoracic duct
adj.1650s, formed in English from Latin lacteus, from lac (genitive lactis) “milk,” from PIE root *glakt- (see lactation) + -al (1). adj.
- Of, relating to, or resembling milk.
- Of or relating to a lacteal.
- Any of numerous minute intestinal lymph-carrying vessels that convey chyle from the intestine to lymphatic circulation and thereby to the thoracic duct.chyle vessel