verb (used with object), Lat·in·ized, Lat·in·iz·ing.
- to cause to conform to the customs, traditions, beliefs, etc., of the Latins or the Latin Church.
- to intermix with Latin elements.
- to translate into Latin.
- to make Latin-American in character: The influx of Cuban immigrants has Latinized Miami.
- Romanize(def 3).
verb (used without object), Lat·in·ized, Lat·in·iz·ing.
- to use words and phrases from Latin: He Latinizes in his poetry.
- to translate into Latin or Latinisms
- to transliterate into the Latin alphabet
- to cause to acquire Latin style or customs
- to bring Roman Catholic influence to bear upon (the form of religious ceremonies, etc)