verb (used without object), lazed, laz·ing.
- to idle or lounge lazily (often followed by around): I was too tired to do anything but laze around this weekend.
verb (used with object), lazed, laz·ing.
- to pass (time, life, etc.) lazily (usually followed by away).
- a period of ease or indolence: a quiet laze in the hammock.
- (intr) to be indolent or lazy
- (tr often foll by away) to spend (time) in indolence
- the act or an instance of idling
v.1590s, back-formation from lazy. Related: Lazed; lazing.