adjective, cut·er, cut·est.
- attractive, especially in a dainty way; pleasingly pretty: a cute child; a cute little apartment.
- appealing and delightful; charming: What a cute toy!
- affectedly or mincingly pretty or clever; precious: The child has acquired some intolerably cute mannerisms.
- mentally keen; clever; shrewd.
- the cutes, Informal. self-consciously cute mannerisms or appeal; affected coyness: The young actress has a bad case of the cutes.
- meet cute, Informal.
- (of a romantic couple) to meet for the first time in a charming or amusing way: In this type of movie the boy and girl always meet cute.
- Also meet-cute.a situation or occasion when potential romantic partners meet for the first time in a charming or amusing way: a classic Hollywood meet cute; his meet-cute with Jane in the bookstore.
- appealing or attractive, esp in a pretty way
- mainly US informal sexually attractive
- informal affecting cleverness or prettiness
- clever; shrewd
adj.1731, “clever,” shortening of acute; informal sense of “pretty” is 1834, American English student slang. Related: Cuteness.