- of or relating to the metatarsus, the part of the foot that includes the bones between the ankle and toes.
- a bone in the metatarsus.
- of or relating to the metatarsus
- any bone of the metatarsus
adj.1739, from metatarsus (1670s), from Modern Latin metatarsus, from meta- (see meta-) + tarsus (see tarsus). As a noun from 1854. adj.
- Of or relating to the metatarsus.
- Any of the five long bones that form the anterior portion of the foot and articulate posteriorly with the three cuneiform and the cuboid bones and anteriorly with the five proximal phalanges.
- Any of the bones of the feet in humans or the back feet in animals that are located between the tarsal bones and the phalanges.