- the description or delineation of microscopic objects.
- examination or study with the microscope (opposed to macrography).
- the technique or practice of using the microscope.
- the art or practice of writing in very small characters.
- the description, study, drawing, or photography of microscopic objects
- the technique of using a microscope
- the art or practice of writing in minute characters
n.1650s, “description of microscopic objects,” from micro- + -graphy. From 1899 as “art of writing in very small letters.”