adjective, might·i·er, might·i·est.
- having, characterized by, or showing superior power or strength: mighty rulers.
- of great size; huge: a mighty oak.
- great in amount, extent, degree, or importance; exceptional: a mighty accomplishment.
- Informal. very; extremely: I’m mighty pleased.
- (used with a plural verb) mighty persons collectively (usually preceded by the): the rich and the mighty.
adjective mightier or mightiest
- having or indicating might; powerful or strong
- (as collective noun; preceded by the)the mighty
- very large; vast
- very great in extent, importance, etc
- informal, mainly US and Canadian (intensifier)he was mighty tired
n.Old English mihtinesse; see mighty + -ness. adj.Old English mihtig, earlier mæhtig, from miht (see might (n.)). Cf. Old Frisian mechtig, Old Saxon mahtig, Dutch machtig, German mächtig. As an adverb, it is attested from c.1300, though now considered colloquial. see high and mighty.