- migrating, especially of people; migratory.
- a person or animal that migrates.
- a person who attempts to permanently relocate to a new country, but who may be subject to removal by the government of that country: undocumented migrants;unaccompanied child migrants. Compare immigrant.
- Also called migrant worker. a person who moves from place to place to get work, especially a farm laborer who harvests crops seasonally.
- a person or animal that moves from one region, place, or country to another
- an itinerant agricultural worker who travels from one district to another
- mainly Australian
- an immigrant, esp a recent one
- (as modifier)a migrant hostel
- moving from one region, place, or country to another; migratory
adj.1670s, from Latin migrantem (nominative migrans), present participle of migrare “to remove, depart, to move from one place to another” (see migration). n.“person who migrates,” 1760, from migrant (adj.).