noun, plural Mil·an·ese.
- a native or inhabitant of Milan, Italy.
- the Italian dialect spoken in Milan.
- (lowercase) Textiles.
- a run-resistant, warp-knitted fabric of silk, rayon, or nylon used in the manufacture of women’s apparel.
- a warp-knit structure in which two sets of threads are knitted in an interlocking series forming a crossed diagonal or diamond pattern.
- the machine that produces this knit structure.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Milan, Italy, its inhabitants, or their dialect of Italian.
- Italian Cookery.
- (especially of meats) coated with flour or bread crumbs and browned in hot oil or butter.
- (especially of pasta) having a sauce of tomatoes, mushrooms, grated cheese, shredded meat, and truffles: spaghetti Milanese.
- of or relating to Milan, its people, culture, etc
- of a fine lightweight knitted fabric of silk, rayon, etc
- the Italian dialect spoken in Milan
- plural -ese a native or inhabitant of Milan