- of or having one color.
- of, relating to, or having tones of one color in addition to the ground hue: monochromatic pottery.
- Optics. pertaining to light of one color or to radiation of a single wavelength or narrow range of wavelengths.
- Ophthalmology. of or relating to monochromatism.
- Also: homochromatic (of light or other electromagnetic radiation) having only one wavelength
- physics (of moving particles) having only one kinetic energy
- of or relating to monochromatism
- a person who is totally colour-blind
adj.1807, from mono- + chromatic, or from monochrome + -atic. Related: Monochromatically (1784). adj.
- Having or appearing to have only one color.
- Of or relating to a pure spectral color of a single wavelength.
- Of or exhibiting achromatopsia.
- Consisting of a single wavelength of light or other radiation. Lasers, for example, usually produce monochromatic light.
- Having or appearing to have only one color. Compare polychromatic.