- of or relating to a monolith.
- made of only one stone: a monolithic column.
- consisting of one piece; solid or unbroken: a boat with a monolithic hull.
- constructed of monoliths or huge blocks of stone: the monolithic monuments of the New Stone Age.
- characterized by massiveness, total uniformity, rigidity, invulnerability, etc.: a monolithic society.
- Electronics. of or relating to an integrated circuit formed in a single chip.
- of, relating to, or like a monolith
- characterized by hugeness, impenetrability, or intractabilitya monolithic government
- electronics (of an integrated circuit) having all components manufactured into or on top of a single chip of siliconSee hybrid (def. 6)
adj.1825, “formed of a single block,” from monolith + -ic. Figurative use from 1920.