- the sciences, as botany, mineralogy, or zoology, dealing with the study of all objects in nature: used especially in reference to the beginnings of these sciences in former times.
- the study of these sciences.
- the study of animals and plants in the wild state
- the study of all natural phenomena
- the sum of these phenomena in a given place or at a given timethe natural history of Iran
- The study and description of organisms and natural objects, especially their origins, evolution, and interrelationships.
- A collection of facts about the development of a natural process or object.
- The study and description of living things and natural objects, especially their origins, evolution, and relationships to one another. Natural history includes the sciences of zoology, mineralogy, geology, and paleontology.