- embroidery upon canvas, usually with uniform spacing of stitches in a pattern.
- done or executed in needlepoint: a needlepoint cushion.
- noting a lace (needlepoint lace) in which a needle works out the design upon parchment or paper.
verb (used with or without object)
- to execute or create in needlepoint: to needlepoint an evening bag; to needlepoint as a hobby.
- embroidery done on canvas with the same stitch throughout so as to resemble tapestry
- another name for point lace
n.“point of a needle,” c.1700; “point lace made with the needle,” 1865, from needle (n.) + point (n.).