- of or relating to government by an aristocracy.
- belonging to or favoring the aristocracy.
- characteristic of an aristocrat; having the manners, values, or qualities associated with the aristocracy: aristocratic bearing; aristocratic snobbishness.
- relating to or characteristic of aristocracy or an aristocrat
- elegant or stylish in appearance and behaviour
adj.c.1600, “pertaining to aristocracy,” from French aristocratique, from Greek aristokratikos “belonging to the rule of the best,” from aristokratia (see aristocracy). Meaning “grand, stylish” is from 1845.