- tending to consume; destructive; wasteful.
- pertaining to consumption by use.
- pertaining to or of the nature of consumption.
- disposed to or affected with consumption.
- Older Use. a person who suffers from tuberculosis.
- causing consumption; wasteful; destructive
- pathol relating to or affected with consumption, esp tuberculosis of the lungs
- pathol a person who suffers from consumption
adj.early 15c., “wasteful,” also with reference to pulmonary consumption, from Latin consumpt-, stem of consumere (see consume) + -ive. As a noun, attested from late 14c. adj.
- Of, relating to, or afflicted with consumption.