- of the nature of the physical body; bodily.
- material; tangible: corporeal property.
- of the nature of the physical body; not spiritual
- of a material nature; physical
adj.early 15c., with adjectival suffix -al (1) + Latin corporeus “of the nature of a body,” from corpus “body” (living or dead), from PIE *kwrpes, from root *kwrep- “body, form, appearance,” probably from a verbal root meaning “to appear” (cf. Sanskrit krp- “form, body,” Avestan kerefsh “form, body,” Old English hrif “belly,” Old High German href “womb, belly, abdomen”). adj.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of the body.