- (of handwriting) in flowing strokes with the letters joined together.
- Printing. in flowing strokes resembling handwriting.
- a cursive letter or character.
- Printing. a style of typeface simulating handwriting.
- of or relating to handwriting in which letters are formed and joined in a rapid flowing style
- printing of or relating to typefaces that resemble handwriting
- a cursive letter or printing type
- a manuscript written in cursive letters
adj.1784, from French cursif (18c.), from Medieval Latin cursivus “running,” from Latin cursus “a running,” from past participle of currere “to run” (see current (adj.)). The notion is of “written with a running hand” (without raising the pen), originally as opposed to the older uncial hand.