adjective, greas·i·er, greas·i·est.
- smeared, covered, or soiled with grease.
- composed of or containing grease; oily: greasy food.
- greaselike in appearance or to the touch; slippery.
- insinuatingly unctuous in manner; repulsively slick; oily.
- Veterinary Pathology. affected with grease.
adjective greasier or greasiest
- coated or soiled with or as if with grease
- composed of or full of grease
- resembling grease
- unctuous or oily in manner
noun plural greasies Australian slang
- a shearer
- an outback cook, esp cooking for a number of men
adj.1510s, from grease + -y (2). Related: Greasily; greasiness. Greasy spoon “small cheap restaurant” is from 1925.